1 a vivid mental image; "he had a vision of his own death"
3 the perceptual experience of seeing; "the runners emerged from the trees into his clear vision"; "he had a visual sensation of intense light" [syn: visual sensation]
4 the formation of a mental image of something that is not perceived as real and is not present to the senses; "popular imagination created a world of demons"; "imagination reveals what the world could be" [syn: imagination, imaginativeness]
5 a religious or mystical experience of a supernatural appearance; "he had a vision of the Virgin Mary"
- , /ˈvɪʒ(ə)n/, /"vIZ(@)n/
- Rhymes: -ɪʒən
- The sense or ability of sight.
- Something imaginary one thinks one sees.
- He tried drinking from the pool of water, but realized it was only a vision.
- An ideal or a goal toward which one aspires.
- He worked tirelessly toward his vision of world peace.
- A religious or
mystical experience of
- He had a vision of the Virgin Mary.
- A person or thing of extraordinary beauty.
ideal or goal
a religious or mystical experience
- Japanese: qualifier order by God 啓示
- To imagine something as if it were to be true.
Vision most often refers to visual perception, but frequently refers to vision (spirituality) (i.e., inspirational experiences or perceptions believed to come from a deity or other supernatural source).
It may also refer to:
- Visions (Atreyu album), an album by the American metalcore band Atreyu
- Visions (Stratovarius album), an album by the Finnish power-metal band Stratovarius
- Visions (Paul Field album), an album by Paul Field
- Visions-A Tribute to Burzum, a tribute album to the band Burzum
- Visions (Sun Ra album), a 1978 album by Sun Ra and Walt Dickerson
Comics & Art
- Vision (Timely Comics), a 1940s comic book character
- Vision (Marvel Comics), a Marvel comics superhero, member of the superhero team, the Avengers
- Visions (Magic: The Gathering) an expansion to the Magic: The Gathering collectible card game
- Vision audio and MIDI sequencing software by Opcode Systems
- Vision, a brand of pyroceramic cookware related to Corningware
- BT Vision is a digital terrestrial television service provided in the United Kingdom
- VisionTV, a Canadian cable television specialty channel
- Visions, a Chicago area science fiction convention.
- Vision (nightclub), a nightclub in Chicago.
- Goal (management) or vision, a euphemism for planning in commerce and in sport
- Vision statement, a corporate long-term goal
- Visions Federal Credit Union, a bank
- Vision for Space Exploration, a space exploration program.
- AAA Vision, a home-built aircraft design by American Affordable Aircraft
- A.D. Vision, an American multimedia entertainment company
- Computer vision, a field of artificial intelligence
- MSMS Vision, a student newspaper
- NEP Visions, an independent outside broadcast facility company in the UK
- New Vision, one of two main national newspapers in Uganda.
- World Vision, an Christian relief and development organization
- York Vision, a student newspaper based at the University of York, England
vision in Danish: Vision
vision in German: Vision
vision in Spanish: Visión (desambiguación)
vision in French: Vision (homonymie)
vision in Italian: Visione
vision in Japanese: ビジョン
vision in Slovak: Videnie
vision in Albanian: Vizioni
Masan, Vorstellung, apocalypse, apparition, appearance, astral, astral spirit, bad dream, bamboozlement, banshee, befooling, bluffing, brainchild, brown study, bubble, calculated deception, chimera, circumvention, conceive, concept, conception, conceptualization, conning, control, daydream, deceiving, deception, deceptiveness, defrauding, delirium, delusion, delusiveness, departed spirit, disembodied spirit, dream, dupery, duppy, dybbuk, eidetic image, eidolon, enmeshment, ensnarement, entanglement, entrapment, envisage, envisaging, envision, envisioning, epitome, eye, eyeful, eyesight, fallaciousness, fallacy, false image, falseness, fancy, fantasque, fantasy, feature, fiction, figment, figure, flimflam, flimflammery, fond illusion, fooling, foresight, foresightedness, form, ghost, grateful dead, guide, hallucination, hant, haunt, hoodwinking, idea, idle fancy, idolum, illusion, image, imagery, imagery study, imagination, imagine, imaging, imagining, imagism, imagistic poetry, immateriality, incorporeal, incorporeal being, incorporeity, incubus, insight, insubstantial image, invention, kidding, larva, lemures, lifelike image, maggot, make-believe, manes, materialization, mental image, mental picture, mental representation, mirage, muse, myth, nightmare, objectification, oni, oracle, outwitting, overreaching, perception, perspective, phantasm, phantasma, phantasmagoria, phantom, phasm, phenomenon, picture, picturing, pipe dream, plan, poem, poetic imagery, poltergeist, presence, prophecy, putting on, realize, revenant, reverie, romance, scheme, seeing, self-deception, shade, shadow, shape, shrouded spirit, sick fancy, sight, snow job, song and dance, specter, spectral ghost, spirit, spoofery, spoofing, spook, sprite, subterfuge, swindling, theophany, thick-coming fancies, thing of beauty, trickiness, tricking, trip, understanding, unsubstantiality, vapor, victimization, view, visual image, visualization, visualize, waking dream, walking dead man, wandering soul, whim, whimsy, wildest dream, wildest dreams, willful misconception, wishful thinking, word-painting, wraith, zombie