skive v : remove the surface of; "skive leather"
- Rhymes: -aɪv
- The iron lap used by diamond polishers in finishing the facets of the gem.
- To pare or shave off the rough or thick parts of (hides or leather).
- To avoid one's assigned work or duty. To slack off.
Skive has the following meanings:
Skiving is usually done in a manner that you are pretending to be working when in reality you are not – for example being on facebook when at work (or if you are an expert ‘skiver’ your screen is strategically placed so that your boss can’t see it). Skiving is fun because it’s naughty.
- Skive (Denmark) is a place in Denmark.
- Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language, Second Edition, Unabridged; G. & C. Merriam Company, 1950
skive in Norwegian: Skive