2 an associate who works with others toward a common goal; "partners in crime" [syn: collaborator, cooperator, pardner]
3 a person who is a member of a partnership
1 provide with a partner
2 act as a partner; "Astaire partnered Rogers"
someone who is associated with another in a common activity or interest
a member of a business or law partnership (1.1)
a dancing partner (1.3)
Verbto partner (transitive or intransitive)
- to make or be a partner
- to work or perform as a partner
To make or be partner
- Danish: slå sig sammen (become partners)
To work or perform as partner
- Danish: samarbejde
A partner is:
- a member of a loving couple, often used to describe a member of a homosexual couple, or as a neutral term like significant other, that can apply to other unmarried couples
- a friend who shares a common interest or particpates in achieving a common goal eg a colleague on a work team or a partner in doubles tennis
- a member of a partnership
- a participant in a Partner dance
- a member of a law firm or accounting firm which is formed as a partnership; sometimes senior employees of the firm may have the title "partner" (eg. "salaried partner") to indicate a profit sharing status; salaried partners are distinguished from equity partners, who own the business see partner (business rank)
Partner may be:
- Partner (2007 film), a Bollywood film directed by David Dhawan, starring Salman Khan and Govinda
- Partner (band), a Dutch pop group
- Partner (manga), a Japanese Shōjo manga by Miho Obana
- Partner Communications Company Ltd., an Israeli wireless telecommunications service provider.
- Peugeot Partner, a vehicle made by the French car manufacturer Peugeot.
- Partner (horse), a famous Thoroughbred racehorse.
Partners is used to mean:
- Partners (album), an album by Scherrie & Susaye.
- Partners (TV series), a TV show that aired from 1995-1996
- Partners (1982 film), a movie directed by James Burrows, starring Ryan O'Neal and John Hurt
- Partners (Will & Grace), an episode of the TV show Will & Grace
- Partners (Spider-Man: The Animated Series), an episode of Spider-Man: The Animated Series
- Partners (The Stationer), High Street specialist stationery retailer
- Partners statue on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disney theme parks
partner in German: Partner
partner in Dutch: Partner
partner in Japanese: パートナー
partner in Polish: Partner
a party to, accessory, accompanier, accompanist, accompanyist, accomplice, accumulate, ace, act in concert, act together, affiliate, agglomerate, aggregate, aggroup, ally, alter ego, amalgamate, amass, amigo, assemble, assistant, associate, attendant, band, band together, batch, be in cahoots, be in league, bedfellow, bedmate, better half, birthmate, bosom buddy, bring together, buddy, bulk, bunch, bunch together, bunch up, bunkie, bunkmate, butty, cabal, camarade, cement a union, centralize, chamberfellow, chum, classmate, club, club together, clubmate, clump, cluster, coact, coalesce, cohort, collaborate, collaborator, colleague, collect, colligate, collocate, collude, comate, combine, come together, companion, companion piece, company, compare, compeer, compile, comrade, concert, concord, concur, confederate, confrere, conglomerate, consociate, consolidate, consort, conspire, cooperate, copartner, copemate, copesmate, corral, cotenant, couchmate, couple, cradlemate, crony, cumulate, cupmate, dig up, do business with, draw together, dredge up, drive together, federalize, federate, fellow, fellow student, friend, fuse, gang, gang up, gather, gather in, gather together, general partner, get heads together, get in, get together, girl friend, go in partners, go in partnership, go partners, gossip, group, hang together, harmonize, helper, helpmate, helpmeet, hold together, hook up, hook up with, husband, jailmate, join, join forces, join fortunes with, join in, join together, join up with, join with, juxtapose, keep together, league, league together, lump together, make common cause, make up, marry, mass, match, mate, merge, messmate, mobilize, muster, old crony, organize, pair, pair off, pal, pard, pardner, partaker, participant, participator, party, pewmate, play ball, playfellow, playmate, pull together, put heads together, put together, raise, rake up, rally, reciprocate, roommate, round up, schoolfellow, schoolmate, scrape together, secret partner, shareholder, sharer, shelfmate, shipmate, shopmate, side partner, sidekick, sidekicker, silent partner, sleeping partner, special partner, spouse, stand together, stand up with, tablemate, take up, team up, team up with, team with, teammate, tentmate, throw in together, throw in with, tie in, tie in with, tie up, tie up with, unionize, unite, unite efforts, unite with, watchmate, waymate, wed, whip in, wife, work together, workfellow, yokefellow, yokemate