1 identically copied from an original; "a duplicate key"
1 something additional of the same kind; "he always carried extras in case of an emergency" [syn: extra]
2 a copy that corresponds to an original exactly; "he made a duplicate for the files" [syn: duplication]
1 make or do or perform again; "He could never replicate his brilliant performance of the magic trick" [syn: reduplicate, double, repeat, replicate]
2 duplicate or match; "The polished surface twinned his face and chest in reverse" [syn: twin, parallel]
3 make a duplicate or duplicates of; "Could you please duplicate this letter for me?"
4 increase twofold; "The population doubled within 50 years" [syn: double]
- being the same as another; identical. This may exclude
the first identical item in a series, but usage is inconsistent.
- This is a duplicate entry.
Duplication, duplicate, and duplicator may refer to:
- Duplicate (film), a Bollywood film directed by Mahesh Bhatt
- Duplicates (film), a 1992 TV-Movie starring Gregory Harrison and Kim Greist
- The Duplicate, a children's book by William Sleater
- Duplicate Boy, a DC comics superhero
- Batman Duplicate, a villain in Batman: The Animated Series
- The Duplicate Man, an episode of The Outer Limits
- The duplicator machine in Calvin and Hobbes
- Gene duplication, a process which can result in free mutation
- Chromosomal duplication, which can cause Bloom and Rett syndrome
- Polyploidy, a phenomenon also known as ancient genome duplication
- Enteric duplication cysts, certain portions of the gastrointenstinal tract
- Diprosopus, a form of cojoined twins also known as craniofacial duplication
- Diphallia, a medical condition also known as penile duplication
- Duplicate code, a source code sequence that occurs more than once in a program
- Duplicate characters in Unicode
- Duplication matrix, a linear transformation dealing with half-vectorization
- Doubling the cube, a problem in geometry also known as duplication of the cube
- A type of multiplication theorem called the Legendre duplication formula or simply "duplication formula"
- Duplicating machines, machines and processes designed to reproduce printed material, photocopying being among the best-known today; see also List of duplicating processes
- Loop bin duplicator, a device designed to copy pre-recorded audio tapes
- Double track, a method of railway design also known as track duplication
- In road construction, conversion of a single carriageway into Dual carriageway
- Duplicate publication, the publication same intellectual material by the same author twice
- Reduplication, a morphological process in linguistics
- Rebirthing (Breathwork) duplicate, a therapeutic technique in alternative medicine
- Duplicate bridge, a popular variant of contract bridge, and its variant Duplicate Tsing Yi South Bridge
- Duplicate Scrabble, a Scrabble variant popular in French and some other languages.
- "Decouple, duplicate, discriminate," the "three Ds" articulated by Madeleine Albright as necessary for NATO to avoid
duplicate in German: Duplikation
duplicate in French: Duplication
Doppelganger, Janus-like, Photostat, Xerox, Xerox copy, actual thing, alike, all one, all the same, ambidextrous, analogous, bifacial, bifold, biform, bilateral, binary, binate, biparous, bivalent, carbon, carbon copy, clone, come again, companion, comparable, conduplicate, conduplication, consubstantial, copy, copying, correspondent, corresponding, counterpart, dead ringer, disomatous, ditto, do a repeat, do again, do over, double, double-faced, doubling, dual, dupe, duple, duplex, duplication, echo, effigy, equal, equivalent, exact counterpart, exact likeness, exactly alike, facsimile, fellow, geminate, geminated, gemination, hectograph, homograph, homonym, homoousian, homophone, icon, idem, identic, identical, identical same, idol, image, imitate, imitation, indistinguishable, ingeminate, ingemination, iteration, just alike, like, likeness, living image, living picture, make over, manifold, match, matching, mate, microcopy, microfilm, mimeo, mimeograph, miniature, mirroring, model, multigraph, multiply by two, no other, none other, of a kind, of a piece, of a size, one, parallel, paralleling, parrot, photocopy, photograph, picture, plagiarize, portrait, quadruplicate, quote, re-create, re-form, rebuild, reconstitute, reconstruct, redesign, redo, redouble, reduplicate, reduplication, reecho, reestablish, refashion, reflection, refound, regenerate, regurgitate, reincarnate, reinstitute, reissue, reiteration, remake, renew, renovate, reorganize, repeat, repetition, replica, replicate, replication, representation, reprint, reproduce, reproduction, resemblance, reshape, restore, restructure, resurrect, revise, revive, rubbing, same, say again, second, secondary, selfsame, semblance, shadow, similitude, simulacrum, spit and image, spitting image, stat, synonym, tantamount, the same, the same difference, trace, tracing, transcribe, triplicate, twin, twinned, twinning, two-faced, two-level, two-ply, two-sided, two-story, twofold, undifferent, very image, very picture, very same, without difference, without distinction