1 street names for marijuana [syn: pot, grass, green goddess, weed, gage, sess, sens, smoke, skunk, locoweed, Mary Jane]
3 carbonated drink flavored with extract from Kola nuts (`dope' is a southernism in the United States) [syn: cola]
4 slang terms for inside information; "is that the straight dope?" [syn: poop, the skinny, low-down]
1 take drugs to improve one's athletic performance
2 add impurities to (a semiconductor) in order to produce or modify its properties; "The resistors have been doped"
3 give a narcotic to; "The athletes were dope by the coach before the race" [syn: dope up]
- Rhymes with: -əʊp
- Any viscous liquid or paste, such as a lubricant, used in preparing a surface.
- An absorbent material used to hold a liquid.
- In the context of "uncountable|aeronautics": Any varnish used to coat a part, such as an airplane wing or a hot-air balloon in order to waterproof, strengthen, etc.
- In the context of "uncountable|slang": Any narcotic or similar drug which produces euphoria or satisfies an addiction.
- In the context of "uncountable|slang": Any illicit drug.
- In the context of "uncountable|slang": Information.
- What's the latest dope on the stock market?
- In the context of "countable|slang": A stupid person.
viscous liquid used to prepare a surface
absorbent material used to hold a liquid
aeronautics: varnish used to waterproof, strengthen, etc.
slang: any narcotic
slang: any illicit drug
- French: infos
slang: a stupid person
- In the context of "transitive|slang}} To affect with drugs.
Dope may refer to:
- A dope, a person who is stupid
- Discrete optimized protein energy, a method of assessing homology models in protein structure prediction
(band), an industrial rock band based in New York
- Edsel Dope, the lead singer of the band
- Dopant, an impurity added to a substance to alter its properties
- The Straight Dope, a newspaper column
- Dopefish, a type of fish used as an in-joke in the Commander Keen universe and games made after
- Cannabis, cocaine, heroin, or methamphetamine, depending on region
- Aircraft dope, a substance painted onto fabric-covered aircraft to tauten the skin
- Dope Music, a Korean record label
- Pipe dope, a slang term in plumbing
- Dope (spinning) the liquid/gel material in fiber spinning, before it becomes a fiber
- Dope (comic), by Sax Rohmer and Trina Robbins
- Dope (film), the bootlegged version of Shot of Love, a 2003 film
Boeotian, KO, Mickey Finn, account, acquaintance, add, addictive drug, alcohol, algebraize, analgesic, anesthetic, anesthetize, announcement, anoint, answer, backing, bedaze, benumb, benzine, besot, bibliofilm, bipack, black-and-white film, block, blue book, blunt, bootleg liquor, bottom, brass tacks, briefing, briquette, bulletin, burnable, butane, calculate, candy, carbon, cartridge, cast, cast a horoscope, cast a nativity, charcoal, chloroform, chowderhead, chucklehead, cigarettes, cipher, clear up, clod, coal, coke, coldcock, color film, color negative film, combustible, communication, communique, compute, contraband, crack, dangerous drug, data, datum, deaden, debug, decipher, decode, desensitize, details, dimwit, directory, disentangle, dispatch, divide, divine, do, dolt, donkey, dope out, dose, downer, dowse for water, drug, drugs, dry plate, dull, dullard, dumb cluck, dumbbell, dumbhead, dummy, dunce, dunderhead, embrocate, emulsion, enlightenment, entrance, essential facts, essentials, estimate, ethane, ethanol, etherize, evidence, explain, extract roots, facts, factual information, familiarization, fathom, figure, figure in, figure out, film, find out, find the answer, find the solution, fireball, firing, flammable, flammable material, forebode, forecast, foresee, foretell, fortune-tell, frame, freeze, fuel, fuel additive, fuel dope, gas, gas carbon, gasoline, gen, general information, get, get right, gowk, guess, guess right, guidebook, hallucinogen, handout, hard drug, hard information, hard stuff, hariolate, have it, heptane, hexane, hit it, hop, hot goods, hypnotize, incidental information, inflammable, inflammable material, info, information, instruction, intelligence, interpret, isooctane, jet fuel, jewels, jobbernowl, junk, kayo, kerosene, knock out, knock senseless, knock stiff, knock unconscious, knockout drop, knowledge, lackwit, lamebrain, lay out, light, lightweight, looby, loon, low-down, lull to sleep, magnetize, make a prediction, make a prognosis, make a prophecy, make out, measure, medicate, mention, mesmerize, message, methane, methanol, microfilm, monochromatic film, motion-picture film, multiply, narcotic, narcotics, narcotize, natural gas, negative, news, niais, nincompoop, ninny, ninnyhammer, nitwit, noddle, noddy, notice, notification, numb, obtund, octane, oil, open the lock, opiate, orthochromatic film, pack, pain-killer, palsy, panchromatic film, paraffin, paralyze, peat, pentane, photographic paper, plate, plumb, poop, predict, prefigure, presage, presentation, printing paper, prognosticate, promotional material, proof, propane, propellant, prophesy, psych, psych out, psychedelic, publication, publicity, put, put to sleep, put under, puzzle out, ravel, ravel out, read palms, read tea leaves, read the future, reckon, release, report, resolve, riddle, rock to sleep, rocket fuel, roll, salve, scoop, score, sedate, sedative, sidelight, sleeping pill, smuggled goods, solve, soothsay, sort out, sound film, sound track, sound-on-film, soundstripe, speculate, statement, stolen goods, story, stuff, stun, stupe, stupefy, stupid, subtract, take account of, tally, tell fortunes, tell the future, the data, the details, the dope, the facts, the goods, the information, the know, the particulars, the picture, the scoop, the score, the specifics, the whole story, thickwit, trance, tranquilizer, transmission, tripack, turf, undo, unlock, unravel, unriddle, unscramble, untangle, untwist, unweave, upper, vaticinate, vehicle, white book, white paper, witling, word, work, work out