campaigning n : the campaign of a candidate to be elected [syn: candidacy, candidature, electioneering, political campaign]
- present participle of campaign
There are several common types of campaign:
- Political campaign, an organized effort toward specific political goals.
- Military campaign, a connected series of battles and the maneuvers that support them.
- Advertising campaign, a series of advertisements sharing a common element or theme.
- Role-playing campaign and campaign setting, a connected series of battles, adventures or scenarios played by the same characters in a role-playing game.
- Strategic campaign, an orchestrated effort by an assemblege of people and resources, operating in parallel to achieve some strategic objective.
- Civil society campaign, a co-ordinated effort to achieve social change through lobbying and engaging popular support.
- A common name for the story mode of a computer strategy game.
- An Online Campaign or Ecampaign - characterised by its use of the Internet or Digital Media
- Campaigning - Saying someone SHOULD be something.
campaigning in German: Campagne
campaigning in French: Campagne (homonymie)
campaigning in Italian: Campagne
campaigning in Dutch: Campagne
campaigning in Japanese: キャンペーン
campaigning in Polish: Campagne