1 a slight wind (usually refreshing); "the breeze was cooled by the lake"; "as he waited he could feel the air on his neck" [syn: zephyr, gentle wind, air]
2 any undertaking that is easy to do; "marketing this product will be no picnic" [syn: cinch, picnic, snap, duck soup, child's play, pushover, walkover, piece of cake]
1 blow gently and lightly; "It breezes most evenings at the shore"
2 to proceed quickly and easily
EtymologyFrom Portuguese word brisa
- Rhymes: -iːz
- A gentle to moderate wind.
- The breeze rustled the papers on her desk.
- Any activity that is easy, not testing or difficult.
- After studying Latin, Spanish was a breeze.
- The wind blowing across a cricket match, whatever its strength.
- Ashes and residue of coal or charcoal, usually from a furnace. See Wikipedia article on Clinker.
meteorology: a gentle to moderate wind
activity that is easy
- Arabic: ,
- Hungarian: gyerekjáték
- Sorani: ئاسان
the wind blowing across a cricket match
- (usually with "along"): To move casually, in a carefree manner, but not slowly.
Breeze can refer to:
- Sea breeze, an onshore afternoon wind, caused by warm air rising over the land in sunny weather
- Breeze or Breeze Card, a stored-value smart card used as part of an automated fare collection system in Atlanta, Georgia
- Macromedia Breeze, presentation software
- Plymouth Breeze, a mid-sized car sold from 1996-2000
- Breeze, Multiple Stream Media Processor, Discovery Scientific
- The Breeze or CHAL-FM, a radio station in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Mark Breeze, DJ Breeze, happy hardcore producer
air, ball the jack, barrel, blast, blow, blow a hurricane, blow great guns, blow over, blow up, blubber, bluster, boom, bowl along, breath, breeze along, breeze up, brew, brush, butter, carry by storm, cinch, clay, clip, come up, cooling breeze, cushion, cut along, dough, down, draught, easy target, easy thing, eiderdown, feather bed, feathers, fleece, fleet, flit, floss, flue, fluff, fly, fly low, foam, foot, freshen, gale, gather, gentle wind, go fast, gust, highball, huff, kapok, lead-pipe cinch, light air, light breeze, light wind, make knots, moderate breeze, nip, nothing, ocean breeze, onshore breeze, outstrip the wind, picnic, pie, piece of cake, pillow, pipe, pipe up, plush, pour it on, pudding, puff, pushover, putty, rage, rip, romp home, rubber, satin, scorch, sea breeze, set in, setup, silk, sinecure, sitting duck, sizzle, skim, slide, slip, snap, softblowing wind, speed, squall, storm, storm along, swansdown, sweep, take by storm, tear, tear along, thistledown, thunder along, velvet, waft, walk off with, walk over, waltz, waltz off with, wax, whiff, whiffle, whisk, whiz, win going away, win hands down, wind, wool, zephyr, zing, zip, zoom