3 the greatest possible degree of something; "what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior"; "to the limit of his ability" [syn: limit, bounds]
dividing line or location between two areas
- Czech: hranice
- French: frontière
- Italian: confine, limite
- Sorani: سنور
- Lithuanian: riba
- Portuguese: fronteira
- Polish: granica
- Romanian: frontieră, graniţă, limită
- Russian: граница
- Spanish: limite
Boundary (plural: boundaries) may refer to:
- A border that encloses a space or an abstract concept
- Boundary in surveying is the dividing line between parcels of land, and the subject of a 'boundary survey'
- Boundary (cricket), the border of the field in the sport of cricket
- Boundary (topology), the set of points in the closure but not the interior of a subset of a topological space
- The conditions of a boundary value problem
- 'Boundary', an edge in the topology of manifolds, as in the case of a 'manifold with boundary'
- Boundary (thermodynamic), the edge of a thermodynamic system across which heat, mass, or work can flow
- Boundaries in landscape history, the divide between areas of differing land use
- Boundaries (film), a 1997 movie starring Playboy 'playmate' Kathy Shower
- Boundaries (television), a 2008 television series.
- Boundary critique a concept about the meaning and validity of propositions.
- Boundary Ranges, a mountain range in British Columbia, Canada and Alaska, United States
boundary in Bulgarian: Граница
boundary in Italian: Frontiera
boundary in Polish: Granica
boundary in Russian: Граница
boundary in Simple English: Boundary
boundary in Chinese: 边界 (消歧义)
Thule, Ultima Thule, ankle, articulation, balustrade, barrier, bisector, bitter end, border line, bordering, borderline, borders, bottom dollar, bound, boundary condition, boundary line, bounding, bounds, bourn, break boundary, breakoff point, butt, butt end, caesura, caudal, ceiling, cervix, circumscription, clinch, closure, coastal, colon, comma, compass, conclusive, confine, confinement, confines, connecting link, connecting rod, connection, continence, coupling, cutoff, cutoff point, deadline, definitive, delimitation, determinant, determinative, determining, diameter, discipline, divider, division line, dovetail, elbow, embrace, end, endmost, equator, eventual, extreme, extremity, fag end, farthest, farthest bound, fence, final, finish, floor, fringing, frontier, frontiers, gliding joint, halfway mark, hedge, high-water mark, hinge, hinged joint, hip, interface, join, joining, joint, jumping-off place, juncture, knee, knuckle, last, limbic, limen, liminal, limit, limitation, limiting, limiting factor, limits, line, line of demarcation, link, littoral, low-water mark, lower limit, march, marginal, mark, mete, miter, moderation, mortise, neck, nib, partition, pause, perimeter, period, pivot, pivot joint, point, polar, pole, precincts, prescription, proscription, purlieus, qualification, rabbet, rail, railing, restrain, restriction, rimming, scarf, seam, semicolon, shoulder, skirting, start, starting line, starting point, stitch, stone wall, stop, stub, stump, suture, symphysis, tag, tag end, tail, tail end, target date, term, terminal, terminal date, terminating, terminative, terminus, threshold, tie rod, time allotment, tip, toggle, toggle joint, ultimate, union, upper limit, wall, weld, wrist