amigo n : a friend or comrade
EtymologyFrom , from Latin amicus, derived from amo. Compare Catalan amic, Esperanto amiko, French ami, Ido amiko, Interlingua amico, Italian amico, Novial amike, Portuguese amigo, Romanian amic, Sardinian amícu, Spanish amigo.
- See translations at friend.
EtymologyCompare Catalan amic, Esperanto amiko, French ami, Ido amiko, Interlingua amico, Italian amico, Novial amike, Romanian amic, Sardinian amícu, Spanish amigo.
Etymologyamicus. Compare Catalan amic, Esperanto amiko, French ami, Ido amiko, Interlingua amico, Italian amico, Novial amike, Portuguese amigo, Romanian amic, Sardinian amícu.
Amigo : (female form: Amiga) is a Spanish and Portuguese word for friend. It has been in use in American English since 1837 (as in Adiós, amigo, meaning Goodbye, friend).
Amigo or amiga may refer to:
- Amigo (restaurant), the name of a French restaurant at Happy Valley in Hong Kong.
- Amigo (show), Norwegian game show for kids.
- Amigos (play), a 2004 play by David Williamson
- Amigos, a 1976 Carlos Santana album
- Samba de Amigo, a video game on the Sega Dreamcast.
- Amigo and Friends, the English adaptation of the animated TV series Cantinflas.
- The Amigos, a group of five adélie penguin characters in Happy Feet.
- "¡Amigos!", an episode in the TV series Arrested Development
- Amigos de las Américas, a non-profit organization that sends youth to Latin America to live with host families.
- Amiga, a family of home/personal computers originally developed by Amiga Corporation
- Amigo, a WiDEN network from MIRS Communications Ltd., Israel.
- Amigo Spiele, a German board and card game publisher
Amigo Mobility International Inc, located in Bridgeport,
- Amigo, the name given to the first power operated vehicle/scooter for people with walking limitations in 1968.
- Surf Amigo, a towel and a garment all in one, used by Australian surfers, produced by Australian surfwear company SLAB.
- Amigo, a compact SUV made by Isuzu.
- Amigo, a web-based search tool for the Gene Ontology.
- Amigo, a Beanie Baby dog produced by Ty, Inc.
- Amigo Project - open source, standardized, interoperable middleware for home networking. Combines home automation, entertainment electronics devices and computers into one network.
- Isuzu MU Wizard, an automobile once called the Isuzu "Amigo"
- Amigoization, referring to the "increasing Hispanic influence in California, the Southwest and into the Heartland.
amigo in Japanese: アミーゴ
ace, acquaintance, associate, bedfellow, bedmate, bosom buddy, buddy, bunkie, bunkmate, butty, camarade, chamberfellow, chum, classmate, colleague, comate, companion, company, compeer, comrade, confidant, confrere, consociate, consort, copartner, crony, familiar, fellow, fellow student, girl friend, gossip, intimate, mate, messmate, old crony, pal, pard, pardner, partner, playfellow, playmate, roommate, schoolfellow, schoolmate, shipmate, side partner, sidekick, teammate, workfellow, yokefellow, yokemate